Monday, December 10, 2012

New Traditions

Christmas celebration is changing in my family.  Both of my parents are on hospice and may be gone by this holiday season.  When our family got together, we always would play BINGO on Christmas Eve which was also my dad's birthday.

Because we won't have them around for the upcoming holidays, I would like to add one tradition to our celebration.  I would like for all of us to sit down and watch a Christmas movie together.  We are all movie buffs, as are my parents, so this seems like something we could easily adopt.  My vote for the first year's movie would be "A Christmas Story".  I absolutely LOVE that movie and actually visited the house were it was filmed in Cleveland earlier this year.
Here I am standing in front of it.  Since this was the era my dad grew up it, I think it is even more appropriate that we watch this movie the first year AND on his birthday.


By the way, I absolutely loved the kitchen at "A Christmas Story" house.  Could so see myself, in an apron, of course, cooking purple cabbage and meatloaf for my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment