Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Barb Kobe Class is coming up!!!

So, how are you liking the Winter Edition of 365 Being?  What?  Not a subscriber yet?  Print version is way cooler, but PDF is super affordable, so no reason not to check it out.  Shoot, you can even buy a single issue, if you're really nervous about commitment.  :) Link is at the top of the column to the right of this post.  Order now, then come back and read the rest of this!  Lots of you readers are commenting on the article about Barb Kobe, so I know you will be excited about this:

ARTFIELD OF DREAMS CLASS
February 1st through 3rd
at Maureen Carlson's Center for Creative Arts
(click here:  maureencarlson.com , then click on classes or calendar)

I made my 2013 game board this past weekend...
I got fancy with this year's game board.  Actually, I got lazy.  It was easier to recycle this frame and it's backing board (free because the glass over the picture was broken), than to clear enough space in my wood working area to cut a piece of plywood.  Barb supplies the 2' square for her class, so you don't have to worry about such things.

I haven't yet made the gatekeepers between the seasons, but I did decide to swap out my old playing piece for Dearheart, my Heroine character from my Creative Journey game board.  She can gallop back over to do a Heroine's Journey on occasion...

This is Dearheart, a.k.a. Tenacity Jane, when she isn't being quite so sweet.  Yee-haw! 

The darling duckling, along with his reminder leaf, has lived on my board from the start.  He's there to remind me that unlike "the female mallard, who assumes a dull, colorless hue so as not to attract predators" (read this in your best documentary narrator voice), I was not born to blend in...

Repeat after me, "YOU ARE NOT A DUCK!!!"
Very good.  Now, don't forget it.
This winged timepiece used to hang from the branches to remind me not to waste a precious minute, because time flies.  I let it sit at rest in the branches, now.  Why?  I've made peace with time, and with my own way of moodling long and slow, then accomplishing things in great leaps of activity.  Well, okay, mostly made peace...

Want to experience a more peaceful sense of time?  There's a class for that, too!  Barb is teaching another mixed-media class at Maureen's on Thursday, January 31st, called Playing With Time.  Find that on Maureen's website, too (maureencarlson.com).

Now, don't think for a minute that you can't take these classes because you live too far away.  Maureen's center has boarding facilities!  We so hope you will come and experience the magic of Maureen, and the fabulous teaching of one of our favorite teachers, Barb Kobe.  Cat and I actually met at Maureen's in a Barb Kobe class, you know.  Cat lives just a hop skip and a jump from the center (more like just a hop and a skip), and I'm only a few miles on down the highway.  We will surely pop in and say "hi" to our subscribers.  Shoot, I might even make you soup!

Hope to see you there!
DM

No comments:

Post a Comment