Friday, February 8, 2013

Spring is here....well, almost

Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow, so he predicted an early spring.  That sounds absolutely splendid to me. I am tired of winter and am ready to see the trees bud, perennials emerge from the ground and more birds at my feeders. Steve is getting ready to plant his annual seeds and get them started in the basement. He loves to grow colors and types of plants that are very unique.  It is always exciting to see what he finds in his seed catalogs.

When we need a fix during the winter to get us through to the spring, we usually make a trip to he Como Conservatory in St. Paul, Minnesota.  The warmth of the greenhouse, the vibrant colors of the flowers, GREEN, and the smell of wet dirt all help with those winter blues.





I love these little pansy faces!  They say "SPRING" to me.

Green. Green. Green. Ahhhhhh. It feels so good in the tropical room.  It is warm and humid and the green just makes you feel so alive. Yes, spring is coming, but not fast enough.




Dawn-Marie and I are now getting the spring issue ready. I promise it will be fabulous.  Delightful guest writers and artists, delicious recipes and, of course, the wit and quirkiness of Dawn-Marie.  It is a treat for me to get to read her articles before anybody else gets to and to taste test her recipes.  Oh yes.  That is a fabulous benefit to being her partner.  Yesterday we cooked all day testing recipes.  I'll share more of that adventure next week.





Have a delightful weekend!!! Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment